Thursday, September 19, 2013

Buff It Out

One of these things is not like the other... 

Any guesses?!?

That's right... I got a hankering for the ole Rub-n-Buff! (Can anyone tell that Hootie has been out of town a few days? That's generally when I sneak things in that he may or may not approve of.)

Anywho, I've had these two small paintings for years now.  They aren't masterpieces by any stretch, but I think they are sweet and they remind me of my first time to Paris AND my first haggling experience. Both of which were awesome!

However, the frames have been wearing on me for a while and they get a little lost in the built-ins. Since I'm not super invested in the pieces, I didn't want to bother with reframing... hence, the Rub-n-Buff was brought out once again.  

I actually think this was my best work yet. I slowed down. Did more, but thinner coats and lightly sanded in-between. Obviously, that is what the instructions recommend, but I'm more of a slap it on and go kind of a gal.


So for $0, I have a new look for an old friend... look at me becoming thrifty in my old age.


Cheers,
Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment