Wednesday, July 10, 2013

10 dates...10 weeks...10 years

If you follow me on Instagram than you know that our 10 year wedding anniversary is coming up... as in THIS week!  Part of my gift to Hootie has been planning a series of dates over the last 10 weeks. As some of the older folks in the crowd may know, it starts getting harder and harder to make adults ONLY time with little ones running around plus all the other junk in your life - like jobs. :(

Anywho, I've had several questions about what I'm doing and how it works. So here's the basis...

#1. I started 10 weeks prior to anniversary by planning a date every week.  Hootie knows we are going on a date, but he doesn't know where and doesn't have to plan a thing. (Lucky dog!)

#2. Once we get in the car, he is handed a envelope with a clue to the night's events. I don't think he was amused that every envelope said 'Any guesses?' before seeing any clues. Plus, he was very concerned about how much I had spent in stationary & stamps for the project.

#3. All dates were based around either things we have talked about doing and never done OR things we used to do that aren't as easy anymore (especially with the Monster in tow).

#4. Sitters! People seem to be very concerned about this topic. At no point was the Monster left home alone. We have a wonderful KiKi & Shasha that helped a ton and we also have a few sitters on speed dial. (Amen to that!)

#5. Yes, I am a little tired of planning dates, but it has been well worth it. We got out of our box a little bit and were able to remember Hootie & Mama, circa 2003.    

Unless, there are any more questions... I am headed to pack for an anniversary trip!

Cheers,
Jessie

1 comment:

  1. Can't believe it has been 10 FUN years!
    Great anniversary idea....you are SO clever...why didn't I get any of that cleverness!

    ReplyDelete