Monday, November 18, 2013

Try Again… And Again

I'm sad to report that the latest version of our bedroom rug has been discontinued after waiting 6 weeks to receive something that was never to be. In case you are doing the math that is rug #5 that has bit the dust… I'm starting to believe our bedroom rug has been cursed.

The selection process actually began one year ago on Thanksgiving Eve. RugsUSA was having a blowout sale and this overdyed replica was initially selected.

After being on back order for several months, it arrived just in time to move back in with the rest of our furniture this spring, but the joy was short-lived. The colors just weren't what I wanted and for $80 I was able to return it. :(

There was brief flirtation with this beauty in Santa Fe, but I was never able to fully commit to the color or the trend.

Next up was the FLOR option! I never purchased the tiles to be fair, but there was a lot of debate between these three choices…

In the end, I went to pull the trigger and just knew it wasn't the right fit for us.

Most recently, I fell for this modern take on a traditional style. The colors were neutral, but the pattern made it interesting. We could have made it work, but Egypt went and decided to discontinue the item before we could meet.

So know here we are rugless and feeling jilted.  Not to worry, I've already ordered this bad boy…

He's backordered thru January. Fingers crossed that it's a match!

Cheers,
Jessie 

No comments:

Post a Comment