Friday, January 25, 2013

I'm Stuck!

I'm thinking of making the switch to a magnetic knife strip and I'm a little perplexed... not sure if this will help us save space, cause more clutter or just give me one more reason to be anal about displaying things.  Hootie is terrified that knives will just fall from the wall, but I find that hardly unlikely.  

Right now, we are stuck with the giant knife block that was basically a starter set for kitchen newbies.  I don't love the way it looks, but it functions just fine so do I forgo the block or maybe paint it a fun color?  I don't think we need to hold on to all of them especially when valuable counter space is being compromised.

The other problem is what to choose... does Ikea work just as well as Williams Sonoma?  Do we want a metal finish as opposed to adding a little flair with wood or a pattern?  The choices are endless.




Anyone out there have a preference one way or the other?  Do you have a magnetic strip that you love? Or think it is more hassle than it is worth?  Of course if we go the magnetic route than I for sure need a new utensil holder and I LOVE this one!  Decision, decisions.

Cheers, 
Jessie

3 comments:

  1. Don't do Ikea - mine lasted about a year and the magnetic strip actually stopped working, meaning nothing would stick to it anymore. You could always get this one: http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/86dd/
    Mine looks similar to this one: http://www.coolhunting.com/tech/schaschlik-knif.php

    ReplyDelete
  2. Despite what my sister may have said, I don't actually want to stab anyone. :) But I have looked at one similar to what you have... maybe I will go with that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have the Williams Sanoma one and I love it! I love how little space it takes up and I just think it looks neat. And tell Hootie we have had ours for at least two years and no knives have ever fallen from the wall.

    ReplyDelete