Thursday, January 24, 2013

It's Easy as... ABC

I've only ever had this feeling one other time... it was the first time I stepped foot into an Anthro and I was immediately in love.  Well, it happened again in NYC, but this time at ABC Carpet & Home.  To be fair, I had visited the store once before many moons ago without the same reaction.  Something was different this time... something magical!


Obviously, the giant sale sign had something to do with the experience, but SIX floors of beautiful home decor put me completely over the top!

Due to a certain husband that wasn't quite as enthused as I was, we only made it to the first 3 floors... but I'll definitely be back.  If you haven't been, the store has everything you can imagine and more.  I loved the Tibetan Art & Crafts area.  

And there is a section dedicated to vintage mid-century modern furniture.  I guess they're the ones snatching up all the good stuff on Craigslist!


Despite my stellar arguments for a new dining room table, Hootie was not sold on the $10,000 one I had selected.  (Remember - you don't ask, you don't know.)

If you are ever in NYC, I highly recommend going to ABC Carpet & Home just for the experience only even if you aren't buying.  They have done an incredible job of combining vintage with modern, sleek with rustic and awesome with more awesome!




Cannot wait to go back (and buy more than my 3 small vases)!

Cheers,
Jessie

PS - As a small side note, I did lose my iPhone while wandering aimlessly through the store, but due to excellent customer service and my superstar sister the phone was retrieved and disaster averted (unless you count the fact that we didn't get to hit up the Anthro in Soho).  

1 comment: