Monday, January 21, 2013

You Want How Much... ?!?

Apologies to my adoring public, I didn't mean to take such a long break last week, but man did I need it. NYC was fabulous. We ate, we slept, we argued with street vendors... and I couldn't get enough. I know it isn't for everyone, but I LOVE to haggle.

We hit up a few flea markets while we were there and I put my skills to good use.  I like to do an initial sweep of the merchandise and then come back in for the kill.  Yes, I can be competitive and yes, I certainly like to win.  My personal favorite was an open air market in a small parking lot.  While I spent my time searching for hidden gems, Hootie spent about 30 minutes searching for bobble heads and a VHS tape of Rad.  (He had zero luck with either.)



Not exactly sure what is being sold here, but I needed a picture regardless.  

We also made our first journey to Brooklyn which I highly recommend.  We visited the Brooklyn Flea which is housed in an old bank and is what you would imagine if Etsy was an actual store.  Awesome!


When all was said and done, I added these little treasures to my collection...
Love that enamel bowl and love my ABC Home vases too!

You might notice I was in the mood for boxes.  I guess I inspired myself during organization week.

I'm not sure why our bathroom feels more sophisticated with a matchbox cover, but I like it.

Using this little number to house a Christmas present of Hootie's.  I guess you could say I bought a present for my present.  Win-win!

I've got a special project in mind for this little guy... if only I can get my act together.  (PS... It actually came with the dried mustard. Gross!)

My pride and joy... I bargained hard and the dealer only gave me the stink eye once, but this beauty came home with me.  Too bad that I bought it first thing in the morning and had to carry it around all day.  

I can honestly say that I didn't think I would be coming home with a matchbox cover and assorted tins, but that's the beauty of the flea market (and tough negotiations).  Happy scouring!

Cheers,
Jessie

2 comments:

  1. I hear that place can get really crazy - crazy enough to leave a cell phone behind (at least that's what I hear).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't believe everything you hear, Grant... not all sources are reliable. :)

    ReplyDelete