Wednesday, January 9, 2013

You Gotta Sort It Out!

Now to the actual task of organizing... once you rid yourself of everything that you don't need, what do you do with the stuff you do need?  SORT!  (Surely, you guessed that correctly.)

As previously stated, your system need only work for you, but there should be some order to the process.  You can group things by function, size, color, genre... whatever floats your (organized) boat.

For instance in closets, I like to group things by length... sleeveless, short sleeve, long sleeve, jackets, etc.  This gives me a specific sections to zone in on and PRESTO!  I'm dressed in a flash.  (Okay, not really, but at least I can yell at all my long sleeve shirts together.)

Obviously, organization by color is a big trend right now with clothes, books, you name it.  While it is a great look, I'm not sure how practical it is... I doubt many of us know what color book we are looking for. But like I promised above, it's your system so you deal with it.


Honestly, sorting is the easiest part.  All you really need to do is assign it a home.  Next, comes finding it a (good lookin') home - the pretties!

Cheers,
Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment