Friday, October 19, 2012

A case of the to do's...

I'm the girl that writes something on her to do list just to mark it off.  I know many of you can relate.  I think I heard on Oprah or Dr. Oz or from someone way smarter than me that writing down your to do list frees up your mind to concentrate on other things.  However, lately, I think I am just overloading my list with impossible expectations... especially when it comes to our house.

Little known fact, but our current house is the longest we've ever lived somewhere.  While I love that, I am definitely itching to do some updates.  Take the back yard, it has come a long way.

Flashback to move in... seriously, who puts a tree in the middle of the yard?!?

Phase 1 is now complete, but I'm ready to bring on phase 2 & 3!  (Insert hubby sighing.)

So to set the record straight, here is everything on my current outdoor to do list...  
  1. Replant vegetable garden (and keep it alive!)
  2. Add stone steps along garage wall
  3. Add flowerbeds along rest of the fence
  4. Add deck over existing patio
  5. Replace outdoor table & chairs
  6. Repaint front door
  7. Replace house #s
While I would love to do all this instantly, time & money are a factor as well as the willingness of good ole hubby.  So for the time being, I'm going to work on enjoying everything as is and not wish for more.  In fact, I think I will make a to do list for today.


Cheers, 
Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment