Tuesday, October 30, 2012

What budget?

Anybody else's budget get in the way of their... everything?  I know that restrictions can lead to great creativity, but I seriously just want to buy what I want to buy most of the time.  Can I get an amen?

I'm not implying that great style or decor comes from spending tons of money, but it would be nice to pick & choose things based on your desires and not your pocketbook.

For instance, I have had a long and sometimes turbulent love affair with Anthropologie and their new winter catalog is doing me no favors.  I heart this rocker for our (imaginary) bedroom makeover, but can't we all agree that $1200 is a bit much.  (PS - That is the sale price!)

While I admit that I have a flair for the dramatic, this might be pushing it a little far.  I think this little guy is pretty cute AND I customize my fabric for a mere $399.  What a steal!

In the end, it is all about using your dollars wisely.  Some items are worth the splurge and some aren't. What about you?  Would you rather wait and get that special piece? Or get a few things on the list?

PS - If anyone wants to gift me the Anthro rocking chair, I will happily accept your splurge.  

Cheers, 
Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment