Friday, October 26, 2012

Finally... Hallelujah!

If you know me then you know I have been talking about a gallery wall for our living room for ages now. The idea began long ago when we were still living in London and I wanted a special way to capture some of our favorite photos of our travels.

Images of this...

Started running through my head... and yes, I would be the stunning model gazing off while pondering all of life's deepest questions. But let's get real, that ain't me and that ain't my house.  (I wish!)  However, I decided black and white photo canvases were the way to go. They would make a graphic statement without being fussy and I wanted more non-traditional shots so you wouldn't get the typical touristy vibe.

Finally, my pet project is now complete and hung beautifully on our living room wall! (Special shout out to the hubs for always indulging my OCD tendencies!)

After selecting the images, I created a free form arrangement using graph paper to perfect the spacing and layout. I gave you a sneak peek of that process earlier this week.


We then laid out the canvases on the floor to choose the exact arrangement in case there were any discrepancies with the hanging wire I wanted to be sure they were correctly spaced. Remember the OCD comment from above.



Anywho, from there we used the graph paper as a guide and got to work. (We being the hubs.  Me shouting encouragement from the sidelines.) So after four long years, I am proud to present our new gallery wall...





It's been a long time coming, but I'm in love. It looks great and brings back so many wonderful memories. I find myself smiling when I catch a glimpse of it from another room. So thank you to the hubs for indulging me and thanks to everyone that listened to me talk about it for way too long, it is officially off my to-do list. Now I just think we need some brighter pillows... :)

Cheers, 
Jessie

2 comments:

  1. Love this idea! Where did you get your canvas prints from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Grant... I printed them locally at BWC on Maple. They did a great job!

    ReplyDelete