Sunday, October 14, 2012

In the beginning...

Have you ever wanted to try something, but just been too scared to actually do it?  Well, this is that thing for me.  Here's the thing - I LOVE design!  Clothes, artwork, jewelry... but especially homes!  They are the perfect subjects.  You can't look fat in a room (AMEN to that!), but you can use them and love them and make them into anything you want.

So far, I have been blessed to call three places home in my adult life.  Each one of them I loved and each one of them I would change a million things, but that's the beauty of it.  Live and learn... or get better taste!

House #1... Starter Home


This is the house we came home to after we were married.  It was the perfect spot for testing out my love affair with color!  (We'll get into that another time.)

House #2... Our Flat in London

Just kidding, it would be nice though.  This is a little more like it.

The smallest place I have ever lived and one of the best!  It taught me a new appreciation for all things Ikea and living with borrowed furniture.  (I drew the line at the used shower curtain. A girl has gotta have standards!)

House #3... Our Current Home 

This is where we brought home our monster to and where we are slowly learning to become adults.  (Yes, I realize I am in my 30's, but I seriously don't think of myself as an adult most of the time.  Anyone else?)  

It is here that I am figuring out my true sense of style - mistakes included.  So this is where we will begin this story.  Until next time... 

Cheers,
Jessie  

No comments:

Post a Comment