Tuesday, June 25, 2013

House Hunting

Well, not really, but I am a bit of a stalker when it comes to For Sale signs in the neighborhood. I can't help it... I need to know what they look like inside and obviously I want to know how much!

The apple of my eye lately has been this little gem... 

I love those wood shingles!  Don't let the picture fool you, this house is a whopping 3100 square feet (which sounds massive to anything we've ever lived in)!

Great space... love the grayish stain on the wood floors and I would seriously give my right arm for all that counter space.  (Maybe my left... since I'm a rightie.)

My dad used to tell me that as a little boy he knew he would have made it big when he lived in a brick house. I'll feel the same way if Hootie and I ever have double sinks. (Very sad, but true fact.)

I'm such a sucker for a deck... or is that a patio... or do I just mean cocktails? Either way, this one fits the bill.  

Better get back to stalking.

Cheers,
Jessie

2 comments:

  1. Thoughts on bookcases as room dividers? Need to break up a long room. Go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think bookcases are a great solution. I especially like the idea of something that is open on the front and back side. I'd just switch the focal point back and forth so it doesn't look like you are staring at the backside. (Ikea has some great options!)

      You could also do an open bench or a chaise. It keeps the flow open, but will act as a divider for the two spaces. People could sit on either side and link the 2 spaces together.

      Delete