Tuesday, June 11, 2013

What Door?

As I mentioned previously, the monster is rapidly outgrowing his nursery and discussions have begun regarding his big boy room.  We've decided to move the monster to the back bedroom since Lord knows we aren't painting over those stripes!

The back bedroom isn't really much to look at currently, but it does have one dilemma... bi-fold doors! Obviously, that isn't a terrible design problem, but they leave much to be desired in my opinion. I'm leaning towards removing the doors and adding curtain panels. (Side note: Hootie is not a fan of said plan, but perhaps public opinion could sway his vote!)

This is the type of installation I like.  Outside the door frame and easily moved from side to side.
via 


Love the additional pop of color they provide to the space, but not interested in a tie back version.

What does everyone think?  We could just paint the doors an accent color, but I really like the idea of an additional fabric/ color/ texture in the space.  Anyone want to agree with me so Hootie says yes?!?

Cheers,
Jessie

2 comments:

  1. Will the Monster be able to pull the curtains and the rod down?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No more than he's done in his nursery... and I believe that's been twice so far. :)

      Delete