Friday, August 23, 2013

33 Years In The Making...

Despite my previous claims, I am not turning 21 today, but a very happy and healthy 33 years old. It should come as no surprise that I'm a spry thirty-three so in honor of the big day I've compiled the top 33 things that you probably don't know about me... enjoy!

In no particular order:
1. I don't like cinnamon. I never have and I probably never will. And I'm always lying if I tell you I can't taste it.
2. I love to straighten the countertop display at stores.
3. I wore Nike velcro sandals with socks for an obscene amount of time in middle school.

4. My nicknames in college were Xtra Nasty, CJ and Mama... only one stuck. I'll let you guess which one.
5. I seriously wish I was a dancer in a rap video... no, seriously.
6. I am not a twin, but sometimes mistaken for one and we always play along for giggles.

7. I've totaled 2 vehicles in my illustrious driving career. Only one was blamed on a mysterious coyote. (Not true.)
8. I once received a concussion from a ceiling fan.
9. If money were no object, I would always have fresh flowers and a manicure weekly.
10. I've broken 2 bones in my life: my pinky and my pelvis.
11. I don't have a favorite anything... food, drink, color, etc. I like a little of everything.
12. I would love to live in Tokyo.
13. My first CD was Vince Gill - I Still Believe in You.

14. I'm terrified of singing, but public speaking is no biggie.
15. I've never stayed at a job for longer than 3 years. The monster should be concerned come April.
16. Anywho is my go-to transition word.
17. I make my bed every day... usually by no later than 7:30am.

18. I thought people had tails until I was 7 years old. (No one said I was a smart kid.)
19. Small noises drive me insane... weird breathing, pen clicking, foot tapping. Cannot. Handle. It.
20. I love crossword puzzles and word games.
21. My most embarrassing moment involved a towel, a slippery floor and a complete stranger.
22. I do not believe that ice cream should be made in fruit flavors. Let's stick with variations of chocolate and vanilla, people.
23. I've never seen an episode of Lost or The Real Housewives of anywhere. No judging just haven't ventured there.

24. I started drinking coffee at age 32.
25. My proudest achievement thus far as a mom has been teaching the monster to end every song in falsetto.
26. I've always wanted a surprise party, but I've never told anyone that.
27. I once delayed an entire train of people because I lost my shoe between the train & the platform edge. You really must 'Mind the Gap'.

28. I have recently memorized every verse to Mary Had A Little Lamb, Twinkle Twinkle and Jesus Loves Me. Yes, there are multiple verses to each.
29. I hate wearing socks, but I rarely go barefoot.
30. I'm still afraid of the dark.
31. I've always been curious to know what it feels like to be shot. I don't want to get shot. Just curious how bad it really hurts.
32. I know all the words to Ice Ice Baby and The Devil Went Down to Georgia.

33. I have one secret that I've never told anyone... not Hootie, not my mama, not my sister.

Happy birthday to me. You can find me at home drinking a martini in my bday suit. :)

Cheers,
Jessie

2 comments:

  1. I am DYING laughing....I know you so well!
    however what is the secret that I don't know about!
    Happy happy day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Jess. Did you know that me and your other grandmother thought something was wrong with you at birth because you weren't crying in the nursery. You were just laying there looking around, just as inquisitive as you are today. Love you.
    Meemaw

    ReplyDelete