Thursday, December 6, 2012

My Dirty Little Secret

I guess I cannot hide from it too much longer.  So here it is... we have terrible floors!  I realize that I am (slightly) prone to exaggerations, but this one is actually true.  Not just we have tile floors and I want hard woods OR there is linoleum somewhere in the house, but we full out have janky (Is that a word?) floors.

To make a long story short, we fell in love with our home because of the brand new, beautiful wood floors when we first saw it.  However, shortly after we moved in they buckled and then buckled again after the initial issue was fixed.  There are a lot of boring, technical issues to our problem, but luckily those have been remedied.  Fast forward several years + a lawsuit + a little monster and we are now able to get the cosmetic issues fixed!  Yeah, a Christmas miracle!

Saying all that, I've been dreaming of our new floors for a while and the ideas are plentiful.  I love the rustic, raw look of these grey washed, wide beams.  So simple & stunning!

Trendy, but still chic... gotta love a painted floor in any pattern.  It screams cool!

I adore the chevron pattern of these hardwoods.  It's perfect... classic and beautiful.

But you cannot go wrong with ole faithful - dark stained, hand scraped hardwoods.  Can I get an amen?!?

Hopefully, come January we will be looking at shiny new floors.  I'll keep you posted.  
Cheers,
Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment