Monday, December 3, 2012

Fabricpalooza!

Do you ever feel like if you had one particular skill your life would be infinitely better?  Well, I know you find it hard to believe that I'm not good at everything, but mine would be sewing.  Sometimes I think if I only knew how to sew I could whip up whatever I wanted at any given time... and it would always look awesome!

Saying that, the best I can do is sew on a button on and even that isn't pretty.  However, I LOVE the fabric store.  The idea of getting to design everything exactly as I want it is incredible.  Which led to things like... 

Gracie having a dog bed that matches the monster's bedding.

Or customizing the monster's drapes to mimic the striped walls.

Anyway, you look at it the possibilities are endless.  So when I ventured into my fav fabric store about a week ago, I was so excited to switch things up a bit.  (Insert heavy sigh from Hootie.)

A rash shower curtain decision years ago has led to some bitterness in our bathroom.  I'm thinking this would be the breath of fresh air we need!

Ever since the canvas collage was installed, the grey pillows have seemed a bit much with everything else.  I ADORE this navy floral...

Along with this orange & gold geometric, it would be the perfect combination!

Surely an oversized armchair in our bedroom with this little gem would be amazing.  Anyone got an armchair I can have?!?

Lastly, I cannot forget my sissy.  She is in need of some drapery help and this one fits the bill - loud, bold and sassy... just like her!

So I'm hoping that either I wake up tomorrow with all the tools & knowledge of how to be a seamstress OR that Santa will leave me one in my stocking.  Fingers crossed!

Cheers,
Jessie

1 comment: