Friday, December 21, 2012

What's Wrong With A Wall Flower?!?

About 4 years ago, I told my mom I was going to wallpaper our entry way and she responded with "Is that back in style?"  While I was slightly offended that she didn't trust my superior style, it is probably a legit question.  So for everyone wondering out there... yes, it is back.  It has been back.  AND it is better than ever!

For our entry way, I chose a traditional grasscloth in a mid-tone khaki.  (Pardon the bad lighting in the photo.)

I would highly recommend a grasscloth for any wallpaper newbies.  It's classic and adds great texture to any space.  It comes in a variety of colors and can be painted, stenciled, embellished, whatever you can imagine.  

Seeing as I'm never one to settle for traditional, I decided to kick it up a notch in the guest bath. I chose a bronze and slate floral wallpaper.  It's fabulous!  (However, at that point in time, I never imagined that a little monster would need to potty train in there one day.  I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get there!)

I tell you all of this to show you what fabulous options are out there.  I LOVE this option.  It is hundreds of children's stickers placed in traditional motifs.  Simply genius! 


Or what about this beautiful geometric?  A great combination of retro and modern.

There are even these great removable wall decals... perfect for rental spaces or commitment phones!

Any way you look at it, wallpaper is back and better than ever.  (See, Mom... I told you so.)  And don't worry sometime soon I will be wallpapering the ceiling in the monster's big boy room.  Go big or go home!

Cheers,
Jessie 

No comments:

Post a Comment