Thursday, November 29, 2012

Shopping... Old School

So I did a little shopping this week and not the kind I actually like... this shopping resulted in NO purchases!  What the what?!?  That's the worst!  I've been trying to get my retro vibe on so I hit up all the antique malls around Big D and left feeling excited and frustrated.  I found lots of good stuff I don't need and nothing that I actually do!

I found a beautiful trestle dining table... too bad Hootie won't let me get rid of what we have currently.  I guess I technically could, but then we would be without chairs and that might be a problem.

To everyone else this might seem dumb, but I am a stickler for organization (understatement).  I love this vintage letter holder!  It would be fabulous next to our soon-to-be-again blue door with all our new mod hooks.  (Details coming next week!)  

However, we do already have something that does that, but it isn't nearly this cute & with a price tag of $75 I think it is a bit much for our junk holder.  I wonder if they would take $20?!?

Technically, this little number was on the to do list, but it is a little too cheap for my liking.  They were practically begging for me to name my price.  Does that make anyone else nervous?  Or am I being Negative Nelly about a good deal?

This dresser was in much better condition, but not quite as much storage OR as long as I would have hoped.  Boo!

This mirror was too precious.  It had the right amount of wear & tear, but still looked sassy.  It was a steal with no where to live at our house.

Lastly, what shopping trip isn't complete without finding a life size Jesus?  This too can be yours for a mere $1500.  Who knew Jesus was so expensive?  Quite frankly, I think he would be appalled. 

I guess that is the joy of antiquing.  You never know what they may turn up!

Cheers,
Jessie


1 comment:

  1. Jess, they have lots of antiques in Waxahachie. Meemaw

    ReplyDelete