Thursday, November 8, 2012

Set the Table, Please...

I've had beautiful tablescapes on the mind for a while now.  As a kid, I always dreamed of carving a big Thanksgiving turkey on a pristinely set table that included crystal, china and the whole nine yards.


Don't get me wrong, I'm not a formal sort of gal, but I do enjoy formality.  There is something so inviting about it.  It makes you want to linger, chat and just enjoy.  However, most of the time my table more resembles this...

But last night as I enjoyed a birthday meal for my Dad, sister and of course, the hubs, I realized it was a great dinner because of the people around the table rather than how neatly I folded the napkins or how well I lint rolled the lampshade.  (Yes, I did do that.)


While I will always be dreaming of this...

And certainly this!  Man, I LOVE that color.
I'm pretty happy to just enjoy the company around me.  Hope you all do the same!

In a special shout out... Happy Bday to my wonderful husband!  You really don't know just how incredible you are.  :)

Cheers, 
Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment