Monday, November 19, 2012

Thankful... Day One

Don't worry, I'm not going to get all sentimental and cheesy.  This week, I have decided to give thanks for totally superficial and extremely awesome things - just what our Forefathers intended.

Day One... I'm thankful for Rub'n'Buff!  If you don't know this product, then your life is about to change for the better.

I discovered this little gem through House of Fifty.  I was super excited to give it a go so I immediately started looking for something to transform.  (Of course, Hootie was out of town during this process... I've discovered it is always better to simply surprise him with changes than to get his opinion.  I guess I am also thankful for this!)

Anywho, the first thing I spotted was our dining room chandelier.  
I know.  I hate it too.  :(  The dull brown finish in combination with the fake candle wax is a doozy.  What can I say?  It came with the house and other things have taken priority over this, but this was my chance to give it a little facelift without spending much.  

I purchased some new candle sleeve & globe bulbs at a lighting store and picked up a tube of Rub'n'Buff at Michaels.  There are a ton of colors to choose from.  I went with Antique Gold.  

The application is super easy just swipe it directly on & let dry.  I wore gloves due to the size of the project.  Plus, I didn't want gold fingers for a week.  After putting it all back together, we were left with this... 
Awesome, huh?!?  The only problem now is figuring out what to Rub'n'Buff next!  Something to be truly thankful for!

Cheers,
Jessie 

No comments:

Post a Comment