Monday, November 26, 2012

Bah Humbug!

Yep, that's right... I'm officially over my thankfulness from last week.  Anyone else get out all their Christmas decor to discover that half the lights no longer work and you dislike everything you've chosen for the last 9 years.  Well, that's how I felt for the majority of last week, but after a lot of turkey and a mini dessert OD I'm feeling much better.

However, does anyone else feel the need to switch up all holiday decor on a yearly basis?  Like every year should bring about a new theme and a new level of creative genius.  The goal being you should look stylish and chic without being too formal or fussy?!?

Well, I for one am still struggling with that.  I think I am stuck between what we have and what I would like us to be.  I would love for us to be an Anthropologie Christmas in real life!

I mean who doesn't create their Christmas tree out of hundreds of wooden boxes displaying precious vintage toys and strings of lights tossed about - never once thinking about the handsy toddler roaming about?!?

For now, I guess we are stuck with what we've got.  Nine years of Christmas decorations I could take or leave, but they have a special place in my heart for all the memories.  (All right, I guess I am not totally bah humbug, but don't tell Hootie.  He still thinks we need new stuff and that is just where I want him!)

Cheers,
Jessie

4 comments:

  1. I am still reading this darling! -Hootie

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Christmas decorating style changes every year, too. After years of mod and bright pops of color on my white tree, I'm all about the classic red and green again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Kelly... I'm glad to know I'm not the only one wanting to revamp every year!

    ReplyDelete