Monday, November 5, 2012

To Accent Or Not To Accent?

So I've had this project in mind for some time, but was a little scared to tell the hubs about it. Most of the time, he is very supportive of my whims, but every now and then I can push the envelope just a bit too far.  The thing is I have fallen in love with the accent door...


Isn't it just too cute?!?  I had to have one.  Using my best smile & kindest voice, I told him about the idea... and he LOVED it!  Yeah for me and yeah for the accent door!

The problem is I couldn't figure out which door would be best.  Most of the rooms in our house have multiple doors and it isn't really an accent if you have multiple accents... know what I mean? After seeing this post about Jenny's updated entryway, I decided that our back door was the way to go.  It is a stand alone door and would add a great pop of color to the hallway.  

Several paint chips later, I narrowed it down to the blue family.
After making my final selection, I got down to the task at hand.  I gathered my supplies, taped everything off and lightly sanded the door.  Any guesses on the final color?
You guessed it... BLUE, but not any old blue.  This is Behr - Beach Towel.  Needless to say, it's no whimpy accent door.  After one really good nap from the monster & 3 coats of paint, we are left with this... 
and I LOVE it!  It looks great throughout the day and just makes me happy.  Isn't that really what it's all about?

Cheers,
Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment