Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Extra, Extra... Read All About It!

Apologies, I didn't mean to take a mini-hiatus, but that's just what I did.  Combine one part girls weekend + one part sick monster = Overloaded mama!  Regardless, I was able to do a little magazine catchup this weekend which got me to thinking... what is everyone reading?

This is not about great, life-altering literature.  I'm talking about the relaxing and not really using my mind literature... i.e. Us magazine.  So I thought I would provide you with a top 5 list of everything you should be reading, but maybe aren't. (Blasphemy!)

#5. People StyleWatch - InStyle has decided to try too hard to be like Vogue and Vogue is too unrealistic for everyday life.  This is the perfect balance.  Give me a list of products under $100 and I'm there!

#4. HGTV Magazine - While I could do without Vern Yip, I do actually really like this magazine.  I think the ideas/ products/ rooms are livable and workable.  I think the DIY projects are doable and it has not yet been overcome by ads.  (We'll see how long that lasts.)  

#3. House & Home - Let's be honest.  Everything is cooler when it is foreign.  I realize this is a Canadian publication, but somehow that gives it a leg up on its American counterparts.  It is modern and cool without being stark and boring. 
#2. House Beautiful - Old faithful... the rooms are beautiful and inspiration is everywhere.  For the most part, it is all about the traditional with a twist.  It's a classic in my book.

#1. Domino - This is the best magazine you never read.  Yep, you heard that right.  This magazine is no longer in publication, but it lives on through Special Edition issues.  If you haven't ever bought one, then go get one and see what I'm talking about.  They just do it right!

So what about you?  Any suggestions on what is missing from my reading room... please don't suggest War & Peace!

Cheers,
Jessie

1 comment:

  1. I'll take all of your leftover issues of the Top 4 - no need for the StyleWatch magazine. Your sister helps me with that. :-)

    ReplyDelete