Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pillow Talk

If you'll recall back to one of my first posts regarding the gallery wall, the addition of black and white canvases was making me feel blah in combination with our neutral pillows.
After going on a little fabric finding expedition, I decided to cut loose and go crazy with color.  I wanted something bold and bright... and could possibly hide throw up stains. (I'm just sayin' it's a reality these days.)

While we were out of the house, I had some larger pillows made.  We made the jump from 16" squares to a very impressive 20" square.... side note, in order to make your pillows look fuller (i.e. more expensive) use the next size up insert to fill out everything and give you that great "chop" in the center.

Without further adieu, may I introduce our pillows!
I wanted a clean shape so I opted for the knife edge instead of a cording or pleat of some sort.  To break things up, I selected a large scale pattern - the ikat, a medium scale pattern - the floral and a solid with ribbon trim.  That way there is some variety, but they don't complete with each other.


I decided the overly manly leather chair needed a little sprucing up as well so he got a cute little lumbar pillow complete with monogram!  (I seriously think I might have a monogramming problem.)
Anywho, the new pillows are just what I needed to brighten things up a bit.  Now to sell the old ones on Craigslist!

Cheers,
Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment