Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Taking Shape

Well, it only took a little over 4 months and a lot of nagging on my part to get the gallery wall in our bedroom hung... and I'm in love.  Before I go showing you the after, let's reflect back on its humble beginnings.
I know.  It didn't look like much.  Hootie had his doubts as well, but I could see it developing and knew it had great potential.

Fast forward a couple of months and I was ready to bust out the graph paper again.  I'm telling you that this is the best way to hang a large grouping.  Just trace out each picture, cut them out and paste them on the wall.  You have instant hanging measurements.  Genius!
With all that said and done, may I present our newly hung gallery wall...
The beauty of it is that I can continue to add to it as I find new little treasures.  Currently, it consists of a few family photos, 2 incredible paintings by my new friend, a love letter, a silhouette and a family needlepoint.  (The last one really had Hootie in a tizzy, but I think he knew better than to question it.)

Anywho, I am happy with the progress and I'm sure you all are happy to see that we have actually been putting things back together in our house.

Cheers,
Jessie

1 comment:

  1. Love it all, but especially like the family needlepoint!
    Meemaw

    ReplyDelete