Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Swing Batter Batter Swing!

Despite Mother's Day last weekend, I spent a little time this weekend making Hootie a present.  Seeing as Hootie has the best wife ever, he has been allowed to attend opening day for the Rangers the last couple of years... which means we must hold on to those tickets forever.

Since I was tired of looking at them on the bulletin board, I whipped up a little frame project for the built ins.  I found this super inexpensive frame at Target, but wasn't crazy about the finish.

Low and behold, I had a can of gold spray paint laying around so I decided to do some damage.

Once everything dried, I wasn't 100% thrilled with the color so I threw a little Rub-N-Buff on there and...

BAM!  Instant gold frame.  Lucky for me, it fills in a little hole in the built ins and Hootie is happy that his treasures are displayed.

Hopefully, he won't continue to go to opening day so I won't have to redo this next year.  Just kidding, darling (kind of!).

Cheers,
Jessie

3 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan - thanks Mama! Unfortunately, your request that I won't be attending in future years will not be met...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at the cute green box - looks great!

    ReplyDelete