Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Whatever Happened To...

It has been brought to my attention that on more than one occasion, I have left y'all hanging a bit. What can I say... I get a little lazy sometimes. Sorry about that!

So, let's clean the slate. Whatever happened to...

THE KNIFE BLOCK
I lost that battle (not that I really cared, but I have to throw Hootie a bone every now and then). Hootie was convinced that a knife would unexpectedly fall from the wall and impale the nearest person. So we opted for the in-drawer version and I ended up with a very colorful utensil holder! Win win for all... except for the old knife block which was donated to Goodwill, but surely someone is getting good use out of it.


OLE BLUE
Yep, after all that stripping, she is still all blue all the time! The door could probably stand to be lightly sanded and one more coat added, but I'm not about to touch that door again. Live and learn.

CHALKBOARD + MAGNETS = SEMI-FAILURE
While my secret project was fun, it was also a bit of a bust. We love the chalkboard door and Monster is all about the scribbles. However, magnetic paint does not hold up so well underneath a coat of anything. (If I'd read more reviews, that would have been obvious.)

It does actually hold a few magnets, but the magnetic field (so scientific!) is spotty and whatever it is holding needs to be thin. I did make these cute little wooden frames for the door, but so far nothing sticks underneath them. Oh well, this one was a win lose.

PS - Still planning on adding a quote or something, but I just can't commit to anything. This is why I am tattoo free. Terrible commitment issues!

THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN
Remember that all important vote last November... you probably don't because only a handful of you responded. Now I know how elected officials feel. Well, I've been laziest about this one. The tables are still sitting in the garage waiting to be called up to the big leagues. It is on the summer to-do list, but that's a long one so we'll see what happens.

Anything else? Oh wait, the built ins! Yeah, we did actually have those built... details coming tomorrow! (I couldn't give you all my good stuff in one sitting!)

Cheers,
Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment