Monday, February 18, 2013

The Reveal

I'm excited to share my first home reveal with you guys.  (Cue Ty Pennington... well, not really.)  As much as I would love to say, we smashed down walls and ripped out ceilings this was more of an updated than a redo.  And isn't that where most of us are at?!?

With an expanding brood and a shrinking space, my clients decided it was time to reclaim the living room for the adults and relegate the kiddos to the play room.  To keep everyone happy, we made sure the spaces were functional and well defined.

In the playroom, we highlighted the fact that it's a kids space.  It's fun. It's playful and Lord knows kids have a lot of stuff SO we threw it out there.  Use what you've got!



In the living room, we repainted the walls, switched up the furniture layout and had custom bookcases made.  If you follow me on Instagram than you also know this was my first solo outing at hanging a gallery wall!  Terrified does not even begin to describe what I felt when I put that first nail in the newly painted walls.  





Honestly, I was a little hesitant to even share this b/c I think we are all so accustomed to the dramatic before and after shots, but I think it's important to remember changes no matter how big or small can really make an impact.  

Cheers,
Jessie

PS - Congrats to my fabulous clients on Baby #3... who decided to make their appearance during the final install!  (Please note that I did not deliver the baby.  I can barely handle the math involved in hanging a gallery wall!)

No comments:

Post a Comment