Friday, February 1, 2013

I've Been Framed!

You will be excited to know that I now have two beautifully framed pieces of artwork for the casa.  Most of the time, I would rather gouge my eye out than pay the ridiculous price of custom framing, but sometimes it is a necessary evil.  Other times, you have a different option... and that is what I am most excited about today!


Cue Aaron Brothers Timeframe.  (No, I am not getting paid for this and yes, I certainly wish I was.) Remember that adorable watercolor we had made of Monster's lovie.  Seeing as Monster isn't into fine art quite yet, I didn't want to spend a ridiculous amount of money framing it, but I did want it framed.  This is the best of both worlds... you pick any ready-made frame in their store and add museum glass + a mat + a gallery style backing for $20.  The price varies based on the size of the frame, but basically this deal cost me $30!  Holla!


However, I did want something a little more special for my new painting from my new fav artist, Carolyn Shultz.  So I went the custom route, but kept it simple and I am thrilled with the results.

Now, if we could just get the rest of this junk hung, I would have the start of a lovely new gallery wall.

PS - I think I have a DIY framing project in the works for the abstract painting on bottom.  It could be disastrous, but I'll keep you posted.  :)

Cheers,
Jessie

2 comments:

  1. love the way these turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Jessie! The framing turned out beautiful on the floral piece, I love the simple gold frame! I can't wait to see the gallery wall! So happy you are enjoying your new art!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete